Fermentation Workshop with Sandor Katz *SOLD OUT*
Join us for a fermentation workshop with fermentation wizard, Sandor Katz, on Sunday, May 5th from at our Whippoorwill Farm location. We will have an in-depth discussion on kvass, beer, kombucha and sauerkraut!
- Commercial scale kvass brewing demonstration
- Discussion on crafting kvass, beer, kombucha and sauerkraut
- Hands-on sauerkraut making workshop
- Fermented snack plate consisting of bread, house-made pickles and local cheese
- Kvass and kombucha tasting session
- Your very own jar of sauerkraut to take home to ferment
- One bottle of the kvass being brewed during the workshop
Space is limited, y’all!
“Sandor Ellix Katz is a fermentation revivalist. His books Wild Fermentation and the Art of Fermentation, along with the hundreds of fermentation workshops he has taught around the world, have helped to catalyze a broad revival of the fermentation arts. A self-taught experimentalist who lives in rural Tennessee, the New York Times calls him “one of the unlikely rock stars of the American food scene.” Sandor is the recipient of a James Beard award and other honors. For more information, check out his website www.wildfermentation.com.”