Fonta Flora is committed to fostering an environment in which all individuals are treated with respect, dignity, and are free from all forms of harassment and discrimination. Any form of harassment, even when not unlawful or directed at a protected category, is prohibited and will not be tolerated. All employees, vendors, contractors, customers or other third parties, are expected to adhere to this Code of Conduct. Failure to adhere to this Code may result in disciplinary action or termination for employees, and removal from our taproom, events, banishment from future events for customers or vendors.
Fonta Flora promotes and protects the interests of community and team members that work with us or visit our locations or consume our products. To effectively advance that mission, employees and community members of Fonta Flora must set an example by acting with honesty and integrity, conducting themselves professionally, and embracing everyone regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, disability (mental or physical), age, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, neuro(a)typicality, religion, or any other factor protected by law.
This Code of Conduct applies to all employees, vendors, sponsors, and customers while on company property, on company time, at company-sponsored events, or as representatives of Fonta Flora Brewery (Fonta Flora) at any time.
EXPECTED BEHAVIORS FOR ALL:
- Treat all individuals and groups respectfully, recognizing their human dignity, regardless of their diverse human characteristics.
- Contribute to a positive environment that is free of hostile and offensive behaviors in any form, i.e. free of harassment and discrimination. Harassment is not necessarily sexual in nature, although it may be.
- Take proactive steps to prevent and stop such behavior. It is not acceptable to merely refrain from engaging in this type of behavior. Refraining from this behavior while knowingly allowing others to engage in it constitutes implied encouragement or tolerance. Patrons and employees alike therefore have an affirmed obligation to speak out against such behavior wherever and whenever they see it. Tolerance itself is unacceptable.
- Respect the opinions of others and address conflicts in a positive and constructive manner. Opinions that are rooted in the oppression, subjugation, or inferiority of another group of human beings will not be tolerated.
- Treat all individuals and groups professionally and respect their personal space and property.
- Speak out without fear of retaliation when the actions of others violate the rights of any individuals or groups. Participants that engage in retaliation against those that speak out against harassment are equally as culpable as those that engage in harassment. (reference the “Reporting Violations…” section at the bottom of this document for more information)
UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIORS FOR ALL:
- Unwanted sexual advances or physical contact without consent;
- Offering any benefits in exchange for sexual favors;
- Retaliation or threats of retaliation for refusing advances or requests for favors;
- Leering, making sexual gestures or jokes, or commenting on an employee’s body;
- Displaying sexually suggestive or vulgar content, including music, video, or any other form of media;
- Displaying or sharing derogatory posters, photographs, or drawings;
- Making derogatory epithets, or slurs;
- Ongoing teasing about an employee’s religious or cultural practices;
- Ongoing teasing about an employee’s sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity;
- Physical conduct such as touching, assault, or impeding or blocking movements;
- Any offensive speech related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, age, race, or religion;
- Misgendering or refusal to respect an individual’s pronouns;
- Belittling, or subtle expressions of bias;
- Verbal, physical, or written abuse or assault;
- Bullying, intimidation, or victimization;
- Inappropriate use of company property or assets;
- Failure to comply with company values;
- Illegal activity;
- Any form of abusive conduct including but not limited to the use of derogatory remarks, insults, verbal or physical conduct that a reasonable person would find threatening, intimidating, or humiliating, or the sabotage or undermining of a person’s work performance or well-being.
Any form of retaliation against someone who has expressed concern about any form of harassment, refused to partake in harassing behavior, made a harassment complaint, or cooperated in a harassment investigation, is strictly prohibited. A complaint made in good faith will under no circumstances be grounds for disciplinary action. Individuals who make complaints that they know to be false may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
VIOLATIONS OF THE CODE OF CONDUCT/CORRECTIVE ACTION:
Fonta Flora requires that all members, sponsors, and participants conduct themselves in accordance with this Code of Conduct. Failure to adhere to this Code may result in the termination of employees, removal from our taproom, events, banishment from future events, or other disciplinary action.
REGARDING EMPLOYEES OF FONTA FLORA:
A high level of job performance and professionalism is expected from each employee. In the event that an employee’s job performance does not meet the standards established for the position, they violate company policies or procedures, or their behavior is otherwise unacceptable, corrective action may ensue. Corrective action may include, but is not limited to: coaching, oral or written warnings, performance improvement plans, paid or unpaid suspension, demotion, and termination. The type and order of actions taken will be at management’s sole discretion and the Company is not required to take any disciplinary action before making an adverse employment decision, including termination.
REGARDING GUESTS, PATRONS, AND VENDORS OF FONTA FLORA:
Guests, patrons, and vendors of Fonta Flora can face the following repercussions when in violation of our Code of Conduct: request for a change of behavior, removal from the premises, and banishment.
REPORTING HARASSMENT, SUSPECTED HARASSMENT, or WITNESSED (3rd Party) HARASSMENT:
Reported or suspected occurrences of harassment or discrimination will be promptly and thoroughly investigated. Following an investigation, Fonta Flora will promptly take any necessary and appropriate disciplinary action.
REGARDING EMPLOYEES OF FONTA FLORA:
We encourage our staff to maintain professional and positive relationships within the workplace. We feel it is important that every individual stand up for their beliefs and openly discuss their differences with professionalism and respect towards each other. If you are approached as having (consciously or otherwise) acted in a way that might make your teammates feel unwelcome, listen with an open mind and avoid becoming defensive. Remember that if someone offers you feedback, it likely took a great deal of courage for them to do so. The best way to respect that courage is to acknowledge your mistake, apologize, and move on with a renewed commitment to do better.
That said, repeated or severe violations of this code, or discomfort in confronting the concern directly, can and will be addressed by our leadership, and can lead to disciplinary actions, including termination.
As outlined in our company handbook you may submit a written complaint to your direct supervisor if you believe you’ve observed or experienced a violation of this Code of Conduct. They will work to assess the situation and to respond as soon as possible with procedures outlined in the handbook. If you are uncomfortable with submitting a complaint to your supervisor you may contact [email protected] to reach our Human Resource representative.
Our Human Resource representative will be assigned to investigating any alleged harassment and proper discipline will be taken upon conclusion to those investigations.
REGARDING GUESTS, PATRONS, VENDORS OF FONTA FLORA:
Any violation of this Code of Conduct witnessed by a patron, guest, or vendor is strongly encouraged to be reported via these two methods:
- Alert the manager on duty;
- Send an email to [email protected].
** THIS DOCUMENT WILL BE REVIEWED, UPDATED, AND REVISED WHEN DEEMED APPROPRIATE **
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, OR SUGGESTIONS PLEASE SEND TO [email protected]