So you want to work at Fonta Flora?
Fonta Flora Brewery integrates the soul of agriculture with the artisanship of zymurgy to create a menagerie of rustic and savory libations. With an emphasis on seasonal flora, Fonta Flora brings English tradition and Belgian inspiration to the Appalachian Mountains of North Carolina. Fonta Flora utilizes local artists to help conceptualize the notion that fermentation is yet another medium for creating art. This uniquely artisan approach to beer yields a sustainable product filled with culture from our very own community.
Position Description – Lead Sales Rep
Job Title: Lead Sales Rep
Location: North Carolina Territory
FLSA Classification/Status: Full Time, Exempt
Reports To: Company Treasurer
FONTA FLORA OVERVIEW
Located on the banks of beautiful Lake James and under the backdrop of the rugged Linville Gorge, we are an Appalachian farmhouse brewery situated on 15 acres of a historic dairy farm. Now in our ninth year of business, our mission is to make beer with a sense of place and agricultural purpose.
We are currently seeking a full time lead sales representative to manage our current accounts and continue to grow business across our state.
Lead Sales Representative reports to the company treasurer, the head of brewing operations, and ultimately the ownership team and is responsible for completing all tasks related to account maintenance. These includes (but are not limited to) generating sales, checking product integrity, providing samples, proactive follow ups and coordinating and attending events. This position requires an individual have outstanding passion for our beer, with a work ethic to match.
In addition, the Lead Sales Representative will partner with the distribution logistics manager and the delivery squad to ensure that, in advance, all orders are packed and loaded correctly.
With a goal of increasing our overall production in 2022, we are seeking a highly motivated, capable and goal oriented individual to help us reach these targets. Candidates must share Fonta Flora’s commitments to quality, safety, business ethics, continuous innovation, local agriculture and our own unique culture.
ERRDAY JOB TASKS
– Work with treasurer and upper management to develop sales goals and strategies
– Increase number of tap handles and shelf SKUSs at current accounts
– Develop new accounts and build out those new relationships
– Focused effort on keg sales
– Proactively contact accounts daily to follow up and schedule account visits/samplings etc.
– Ensure account satisfaction
– Educate, present, and sample with partners & accounts on new & existing product lines
– Visit accounts daily within assigned territory
– Identify and develop key on – and off – premise accounts
– In tandem with the distribution logistics manager, compile and maintain a detailed account spreadsheet
– Support the occasional delivery of a product as needed to accounts with last-minute requests
– Keep a maintenance log on our sales vehicle and assuming ownership of the upkeep and cleanliness of this vehicle
– Work with account managers to ensure glassware and beer lines are cleaned
– Keep customers informed by answering questions regarding products and service
– Clean, wash and perform minor maintenance to company vehicles as necessary, maintaining neat and clean personal appearance to uphold company’s public image
– Meet monthly & quarterly to analyze sales goals and targets
– Track and analyze territory sales numbers to direct and guide personal activities and efforts
– Propose strategies for expanding territory accounts
– Manage individual administrative duties and paperwork professionally
– Understand and comply with all federal, state, and local laws
– Develop, coordinate and execute brewery endorsed and promotional events
– Other tasks as assigned
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
– High School Degree, or Bachelor’s degree preferred
– Two years’ experience in brewery sales, beer wholesaler sales, and/or business-to-business sales
– Strong Planning and Organizational Skills
– Self Motivated
– Ability to manage time and priorities in an effective and efficient manner
– Natural ability to build and maintain strong relationships with partners, accounts, and other employees
– Ability to navigate difficult situations with partners, accounts, and other employees
– Strong computer skills (MS-Word, MS-Excel, email, google doc)
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Ability to track and monitor progress in all identified accounts
– Cicerone Certified Beer Server preferred
– Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
– Have reliable transportation
– Ability to lift 75 lb.
– Ability to occasionally manipulate 165 lb. kegs with & without dolly
– Ability to occasionally transport 165 lbs. on a dolly
– Ability to travel
– Flexible hours
– Must, must, must love beer – tasting beer, talking about beer, sharing beer and surrounding yourself with others who do as well
– Up to 100% travel time may be required
– Fun and social work environment
– Health benefits reimbursement
– Simple IRA with company matching
– Paid vacation and holidays
– Employee discount programs
- Competitive compensation with a primary focus on an incentive-based sales commission structure that shall commensurate with experience.
– If you think this job was meant for you and you would love to be a part of our growing yet intimate team, please send your resume and cover letter with a subject of Lead Sales Representative to [email protected]
Fonta Flora Brewery does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we recognize our responsibility to embrace and promote diversity, equity and inclusion (“DEI”) throughout all aspects of our company culture.