Fonta Flora Brewery integrates the soul of agriculture with the artisanship of zymurgy to create a menagerie of rustic and savory libations. With an emphasis on seasonal flora, Fonta Flora brings English tradition and Belgian inspiration to the Appalachian Mountains of North Carolina. Fonta Flora utilizes local artists to help conceptualize the notion that fermentation is yet another medium for creating art. This uniquely artisan approach to beer yields a sustainable product filled with culture from our very own community.
Fonta Flora Brewery is a small but thriving craft brewery where no job is too large or too small for anyone. All employees are expected to pitch in where needed and to be flexible with changing day-to-day job duties.
The Fonta Flora delivery driver reports to the Sales and Distribution manager and is responsible for completing all delicious deliveries and account maintenance related tasks. This person will work with the Sales and Distribution Manager and the Lead Driver to ensure that, in advance, all orders are packed and loaded correctly. Candidates must share Fonta Floras’ commitments to quality, safety, business ethics, continuous innovation, local agriculture and our own unique culture.
– Loading, unloading, and delivery of our craft beer to retail accounts
– Loading and unloading of company vehicles including operating a company forklift to load and unload packages
– Preparing and delivering packaged products to our additional tasting room locations in applicable territories
-Transport of kegs, dirty and clean, back and forth from our farm location to our Morganton location
– In tandem with the Sales and Distribution Manager and Lead Driver, compile and maintain a detailed account spreadsheet
– Prepare and deliver products to a self-distributed network of accounts
– Ensure thorough coverage of POS material at accounts
– Invoice customers when necessary
– Collect payment when necessary
– Obtaining customer signature for goods delivered
– Verify outgoing orders with Sales and Distribution Manager and Lead Driver
– Supporting the occasional delivery of a product as needed to accounts with last-minute requests
– Picking up equipment and [raw] materials from local vendors/farmers
– Providing efficient and safe delivery and pick-up, while representing the company in a professional manner
– Keeping a maintenance log on our delivery vehicle and assuming ownership of the upkeep and cleanliness of this vehicle
– Working with account managers to ensure glassware and beer lines are cleaned
– Clean draft lines at accounts as needed
– Keeping customers informed by answering questions regarding products and service
– Ensuring packages conform to Fonta Floras’ features of service, that proper labeling is provided, and that all paperwork is complete, neat, and accurate
– Cleaning, washing and performing minor maintenance to company vehicles as necessary, maintaining neat and clean personal appearance to uphold the company’s public image
– Notifying supervisor of any safety concerns
– Be a team player with the ability to interact with all levels within the organization
– Preparation of an endless array of ingredients bound for beer
– Assist with promotional events
– Attend and professionally represent the Fonta Flora brand at in-state and out-of-state events as needed
– Other tasks as assigned
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
– Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of application
– Able to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background and driving record check
– Must have and maintain an active applicable State Driver’s License
– Must be able to demonstrate safe, responsible driving habits and parking maneuvers
– Minimum 1 year of experience operating a delivery vehicle
– Able to work flexible hours including nights, overnights, overtime, weekends and holidays
– High School Diploma or GED, or two years related work experience equivalent
– Knowledge in organizing and distributing items, materials and merchandise
– Strong work ethic and self-starting attitude
– Able to develop relationships with customers and provide a high level of customer service
– Good interpersonal skills and team spirit
– Good attendance
– Desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company
– Up to 100% travel time may be required
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
– Able to stand, walk, and be on your feet for prolonged periods
– Able to drive, stand, walk, kneel, lift and bend required for virtually the entire shift
– Able to balance – pulling product, climb in and out of truck
– Able to stoop, crawl, twist, turn, lift, kneel, climb ladders and stairs
– Able to read and follow written English instructions
– Able to periodically lift/move 165 pounds
– Able to regularly twist, turn, kneel, climb, stoop, bend, crawl, lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 75 pounds using appropriate techniques and tools
– Able to work in a factory/production environment which may be loud, slick, humid, cold, and hot
– Able to work in indoor and outdoor environments with moderate noise and occasionally slippery floors
– Able to comply with and enforce all health, safety, and personal hygiene policies and standards
Fonta Flora Brewery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. If you think this job was meant for you and you would love to be a part of our growing yet intimate team, please send your resume and cover letter with a subject of Delivery Position to [email protected].
Full Time Chef
We are very pleased to announce that under the guidance of Obie Ferguson, current brewer at Fonta Flora and former head chef/owner of Wisteria Southern Gastropub, we will be creating a unique, fresh and permanent food concept at our Whippoorwill Farm location. The goal with this food concept is to create healthy, fresh and culturally impactful seasonal dishes to pair with our craft beers, which are created with the very same integrity. With a large annual garden on our historic dairy farm, we will grow a wide variety of fruits, herbs and vegetables which will be utilized in our dishes. What we cannot grow ourselves, we will source from our neighboring farms to create a truly local culinary experience.
We are currently accepting applications for a creative full-time chef to help us along this ambitious culinary/farming endeavor. Please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with Chef in the subject line. Please do not call or drop in about this position.
Part Time Bartender
Please do not call or drop in about this position.
ABOUT FONTA FLORA BREWERY
Fonta Flora Brewery integrates the soul of agriculture with the artisanship of zymurgy to create a menagerie of rustic and savory libations. In business for five years and counting, we take pride in the utilization of local agriculture and foraged ingredients in the creation of our beers on a very manual 3.5Bbl PKW brewing system and a new 15Bbl PKW brewing system located on Whippoorwill Farm, an historic dairy farm under the backdrop of the Linville Gorge and on the banks of beautiful Lake James. Fonta Flora Brewery does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.